Sunday, May 24, 2009

http://www.theresamorris.com, www.anewnews.com, www.americannewsmagazine.com, www.ascensionbeings.info, http://www.acefolklife.com, www.tjmorrismedia.comMISSION STATEMENT


We are an alliance of people deeply committed to the re-emergence of shamanic practices that promote healthy individuals and viable communities. 

VISION STATEMENT

To keep up with the changing times, the Society of Shamanic Practitioners: 

  • Creates an alliance of diverse shamanic practitioners, which functions as a circle of peers
  • Gathers and disseminates knowledge about shamanic practice
  • Promotes the importance of personal responsibility in doing the inner work necessary to live and practice with integrity
  • Focuses resources and shamanic energies to bring healing and unity to the world
  • Provides a forum for sharing ideas about integrating shamanic practice into contemporary society, clinical practice, institutions, and efforts to heal the earth
  • Encourages a dynamic exchange around how people use spiritual practice in their personal daily lives and how we bring shamanic practices into our professions
  • Creates grass roots communities that support each other
  • Supports education through conferences, regional gatherings and small focused retreats
  • Maintains a repository of stories and clinical case studies of successful shamanic interventions
  • Facilitates research evaluating the outcomes of shamanic healing

PRINCIPLES OF INTEGRITY

To help individual practitioners be effective in service and healing in the world, and to help shift global consciousness, the Society of Shamanic Practitioners believes the following pledges represent the core principles of integrity in this pursuit:

I pledge to work in sacred alliance with Spirit, and to be informed and guided by that Source, and not my own ego, in offering service to others.

I pledge to recognize the wholeness inherent in every person or group or circumstance that comes for healing and to honor whatever form in which its pain is presented to me.

I pledge to be mindful of speech, thought, and action and their impact on building relationships both in the present and through time into future and past.

I pledge to be respectful of others, even in their differences.

I pledge to work with compassion and non-judgment.

I pledge to do no harm and to avoid any sexual misconduct in my work with clients. 

I pledge to maintain clients’ privacy.

I pledge to be honest with clients and other practitioners, and to be truthful in the manner in which I present myself in public relations and advertising.

I pledge to offer fair and appropriate fees.

In service to others, I pledge to keep my own life and personhood in balance to the best of my ability.

 

No comments:

Followers